Wednesday, April 27

Johann Stockinger's Diss.

I was given this really big book the other day by one of my profs. He said I should be interested in it - and was right...and I guess Alexander should be too. So what is it? Well, I guess the best way to describe it goes like this:

"In der vorliegenden Arbeit wird [...] versucht eine hypermediale ethnologische Darstellungsweise als holistischen Ansatz einer ethnologischen Wissensrepärsentation zu entwickeln, der aus einem verflochtenen und iterativen Prozess aus Datenaufnahme, Datenanalyse, Darstellung, Publikation und Interaktion besteht. Besonderer Wert soll dabei auf eine zukünftige Weiterverwendbarkeit unter Einbindng fachspezifischer Metadaten und XML-basierten Auszeichnungssprachen gelegt werden."

In a nutshell: It's about Hypermedia-Ethnography, trying to work with Computers in all phases of anthropological research and especially focusing on XML. While I haven't found much on the web by the author himself, here's a project he worked on with some others.
andrea[dot]handl[at]gmail[dot]com

Powered by Blogger